AmigaOS 3.2 is the latest version of the Amiga operating system for the classic Amiga computer with 68k processor.
It is available for Amiga 1000, 500, 600, 1200, 2000, 3000, 3000T, 4000, 4000T, CD32 en CDTV op CD-Rom.
When you buy AmigaOS 3.2, you may even install it on multiple computers. For this Retro-Updates.com offers the possibility to order Kickstart ROMS for multiple computers.
28-4-2023: Original 27C400 Eproms used again
Match 2023 - Update AmigaOS3.2.2:
The unique registration number of your AmigaOS3.2 copy is located on the cellophane packaging of the AmigaOS3.2 CD.
So keep it carefully!
When you register this registration number with Hyperion you have access to the AmigaOS3.2.2 update.
From now on, orders will come with KICKROMS with version 3.2.2 (47.111).
The highlights of the new features and fixes of AmigaOS 3.2.2 are as follows:
- TextEdit has seen several improvements to its extension interface, and has gained an "About" menu item;
- “Showconfig” now shows 68060 revision;
- “IconEdit” now notifies the user if someone else modifies the icon file that is being edited. And pressing the help key brings up help. The whole color handling of colorful icons has been improved so icons can no longer degrade. Users may end up in a situation wherein it will look worse than on a perfect display, but it will not degrade the icon. As such the dreaded "downgrade" dialog doesn't happen anymore, but in some cases “IconEdit” will open on a separate screen;
- “Kickstart” can now boot with earlier Workbench and icon library versions if they are present on the boot volume. This allows for installation of the ROM whilst retaining the ability to boot any AmigaOS version from 3.1 to 3.9, before installation of AmigaOS 3.2 on a volume;
- The sketchboard.gadget has seen some speed improvements, that should be noticeable when using IconEdit;
- The listbrowser.gadget has had a complete overhaul, making the file much smaller, and a bit faster;
- The layout.gadget has had a complete overhaul;
- The window.class has had a complete overhaul;
- The RAM disk has had a complete overhaul so it is much less likely to cause issues;
- Improved “Locale “support
- Updated version of boards.library
Here are the highlights of the new features and fixes of AmigaOS 3.2.1:
- Fixes to almost every single gadget and image class
- Fix to clipboard.device that since AmigaOS 3.1.4 would not handle clips above 16KB in some cases
- Important fix to locale.library that would convert signed values to unsigned
- New IconEdit with support for colorful icons (like the “GlowIcons”)
- TextEdit has gained an ARexx port per open document
- ShowConfig had its GUI reworked, and can now make reports in AmigaGuide format
- The RAM disk linking feature have been changed a bit so it seems more like AmigaOS 3.1.4 while still being copy on read as in AmigaOS 3.2
- Dropping files on console will now activate the console window
- The screen will no longer remain black if you start up without any attached drive
- Eject menu item in Workbench;
Physical Kickstart ROMs and 6 floppies* are optional and can be added (see above).
* Due to the very limited availability of 2D diskettes, we use refurbished diskettes that have been formatted at least 2 times in advance with verify. Of course afterwards provided with the official Amiga OS diskette labels.
AmigaOS3.2 FAQ: AmigaOS_3.2-FAQ.txt